Sunday, October 19, 2008

Turning 30 in Wahington D.C

For my 30th Birthday Wayne took me to Washington D.C. to celebrate. My parents came into town to watch the kids for us (I don't think they would have enjoyed the trip). We had a great time seeing everything. I think we got to see everything we wanted to see except The President. That would have been the coolest!! We walked every where so by the end of the trip I was exhausted. My feet and back were hurting so bad at the end of the trip that we took a taxi to go just about a half of a mile...lazy ugh! but it was fun for Wayne, he had never been in a taxi. Enjoy the pictures...I know there is a lot it was hard to narrow them down.

Our Nation's Capitol
The Capitol on the other side
The Washington Monument


The White House

In front of Lincoln Memorial looking onto the Reflecting Pool towards Washington Monument

Me looking for the Capitol...eh eh!!
Arlington Cemetery
Tomb of the Unknowns
Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Library of Congress
The Segway tours were so funny to watch
Pentagon Memorial
(in the center where the stone is a different color is where the plane hit)

1 comments:

monica said...

That's awesome. I went when my friend Leann lived there years ago. I had this HUGE list of things I wanted to see and we hit the highlights. I was there a week and still didn't get it all in. So much to see and do there!! So much, so much!!

Andy went about a month ago for a class and didn't have a single free minute in his 2 weeks. He didn't get to see a thing, I was so sad for him.

I want to go back someday for sure!!